Welcome to the Institute of Urban Homesteading.
We are on WINTER BREAK December 15-January 29. No classes during this time.
Winter Session Open for Registration January 30-March 26
2016 Schedule will be posted February 15, 2016
Please DO NOTregister for classes that are not yet posted on our CALENDAR
The Urban Homestead classroom is a gathering place to research, ferment and learn together.
We feature small class sizes and experiential learning.
mission is to
* Offer affordable classes in the art of living in an urban environment
* Preserve a slower, more intentional, more sustainable and more pleasurable way of life
* Rescue the lost arts of the garden, the kitchen and things done by hand
* Imbue everyday tasks with wonder and beauty
* Promote self-determination and the ability of each person to educate themselves
The Institute of Urban Homesteading is a response to current interest in food security, localization and self-determination. We are riding the wave of a massive global movement to change our relationship to food and resources. Necessary components of this movement are small-scale person-to-person, person-to-land based projects. IUH seeks to fill this need and to model sustainable, local direct-action through education. We intend to conserve both personal and global resources by staying home and tending the garden. more….